Tuesday 10 May 2011

Meringues


So I was a little bit apprehensive about making these meringues. I used to help my mum make them when I was little and they would turn out great, but I was a little worried about all the whisking and folding. Luckily my first solo meringue making experience turned out really well, an almost fluffy interior encased in an ivory shell. Obviously, the moment they had cooled I smashed half of them up and mixed them with some whipped double cream and raspberries to make Eton Mess, the quintessential English pudding.


The recipe can be found here, I followed it to the letter.

Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: UNDER £2
Kitchen Requirements: BAKING TRAY, BAKING PARCHMENT, LARGE MIXING BOWL, ELECTRIC WHISK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...